General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the new set of guidelines for handling personal data of European Union (EU) citizens that comes into effect on May 25, 2018. The upcoming changes impact companies based in the EU, or those processing the personal data of EU citizens.
In additionaly to the mentioned updates, we have also built several tools for our merchants, to provide the same transparency and protection for your customers:
- Pages feature allows you to manage your own Terms & privacy, About and Contact pages by adding all the necessary information your customers might need.
- Customers page in the store dashboard allows you to search customers database and unsubscribe them manually from Email marketing as well as to clear their personal data.
- Please note: we will only delete data that is not needed for accounting, legal records and provision of our services.
- Buyer consent on checkout page to receive news and updates from your store. Customers will have to opt-in for your news & updates by default, but you can change this setting in Store features page.
- Order data export for single order to provide user data upon request. Export file will contain all user/purchase data we have on our record. You can find the export by going to Orders section and clicking on any particular order.
- Unsubscribe event for webhooks and Zapier. In case your customer hits unsubscribe link from your newsletter sent via our Email marketing tool, we will pass this event via webhooks and Zapier so that you can update your 3rd party newsletter software mailing list (Mailchimp, ConvertKit, etc.)
Feel free to reach out to [email protected] if you have any questions related to this topic and we’ll help you sort it out!