Here at Sellfy, we are continuously working on making life easier for every store owner. That’s why we are proud to announce the latest addition to Sellfy’s marketing toolkit:
The cart abandonment tool!
Why have we added cart abandonment?
The sad truth is that most of your customers will leave their cart without completing the purchase. With an average rate of around 70%, shopping cart abandonment is the biggest enemy of every eCommerce store owner.
Thankfully, emails sent to customers who have added products to their cart, but failed to check out, have proven to be super effective, with an average open rate of around 45%!
So, the answer is simple:
Sending cart recovery emails is a remarkably effective sales recovery tactic.
How does it work?
Available on Business and Premium plans only, Sellfy’s cart abandonment tool allows you to create email campaigns that target customers who haven’t finalized the purchase. With the new feature you can:
- Set a time period for sending a cart recovery email
- Give a discount on the products in the cart
- Customize your cart abandonment email
Furthermore, we’ve created a ready-made email draft for you to start maximizing your sales immediately!
To launch a cart abandonment campaign, go to the Marketing section on your store’s dashboard and pick Cart abandonment.
Once you’re there, you’ll see your store’s abandoned cart statistics (1), campaign tab (2), and analytics tab (3).
Now, you can start setting up your cart abandonment campaign by clicking Configure:
1. From a drop-down menu, you can choose a time period, after which the email reminder will be sent to the customers who have left your store without checking out.
Pro tip: Don’t wait for days to send recovery emails to cart abandoners. You have the best chance to win them back if you send emails around 30 minutes after they’ve visited your store.
2. Give your customers an additional incentive to complete the purchase by adding the discount to the whole shopping cart.
3. By clicking on Edit template, you’ll be able to change the subject and the body of the email template, add images, links, and template tags. Once you’re happy with the result, you can send a test email to yourself to look at it from the customer’s perspective.
Over to you
Don’t leave this for later—test it out on your store now! And don’t forget to let us know how our new tool has worked out for you in the comments below.
But if you’re still on a Starter plan—upgrade now to reduce cart abandonment and increase revenue!