Digital products tend to have a much higher margin than physical ones. We know it, you know it. But, what if we told you your digital product sales income can be grown substantially even more? That’s where subscription sales come in!
Why should I sell subscriptions?
Selling subscription-based products present you with the following opportunities:
- Collecting recurring revenue vs. one-time revenue
- Establishing a more foreseeable cash-flow
- Increasing profit per customer vs. growing customer base
- Building up customer loyalty by providing regular & engaging content
- Monetizing your community building efforts
What can I sell as a subscription?
What you launch as a subscription-based product will most definitely depend on the kind of products you are already selling, but the opportunities are almost endless. Just to get your imagination flowing, we’ve collected some ideas for you to explore.
Create & sell:
- Digital newsletter subscriptions
- Monthly fitness challenges
- Weekly meal plans
- Magazine subscriptions
- Membership to an exclusive community
- Weekly motivational quotes
- Courses and tutorials
- Software licensing and updates
- And so much more…
If you’d like to see how it looks like in action, go ahead and look at how Trade Indicators store is selling a membership to an exclusive trading community
Now, it’s time to launch your subscription product and see how it works for your niche, be it a piano tutorial course, a monthly design assets package or a weekly entertainment podcast. Let your imagination roam free.
How can I sell subscription-based products?
- Set up PayPal/Stripe to work with subscription products.
- Go to Sellfy user dashboard and click Add new in the sidebar.
- Pick Subscription and create a new subscription product.
- View and manage created subscription products under the All products section.
- View purchased subscriptions in the Subscriptions section
Please refer to these articles for more information and guidance on setting up subscription products and payments:
- Adding subscription products
- How to set up PayPal to collect subscription payments?
- How to set up Stripe to collect subscription payments?
Over to you.
What do you think about this new feature? Is there anything missing? Let me know in the comments below. I am here to listen.